Saturday, October 13, 2007

MEAN STREETS AND MEAN SCRUMS




I have been rather busy with a research project this week so I do not have another crime related post. Except to mention that the Old Alleynian website proclaims that:


The most well known Old Alleynians are perhaps Sir Ernest Shackleton and P G Wodehouse, although other ‘household’ names include Raymond Chandler, C S Forester, Lord Shawcross and Trevor Bailey.
I am extremely shocked and disappointed at not finding my name on the list.


I would also challenge the position of P.G.Wodehouse, who had an interesting war, over Raymond Chandler who among other things wrote this classic lesson for crime fiction writers.


"When in doubt have a man come through the door with a gun in his hand."- from the Introduction to Trouble Is My Business


Today in Paris two Old Alleynians will star for England against France; Andrew Sheridan and Nick Easter.
Good Luck lads, but I have a feeling this game will be decided by the kicking of Jonny Wilkinson or Lionel Beauxis.


England to win and go on to beat Argentina in the final. Funny I predicted that for the World Cup at football as well, perhaps I will be right this time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home