Friday, September 28, 2007

THE DIFFICULTY OF CRIME SCENE PRESERVATION

In order to take my mind away from the harshness of the real world to the blissful escapism of crime fiction I have devised a little quiz to keep you busy until my next post and review.

Which writers wrote these passages about a crime scene? And from which of their books are they taken?

1) "If a herd of buffaloes had passed along there could not be a greater mess."

2) "the scene of crime looked as if a herd of hippopotamuses had been trotting about there for hours."



7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Completely stuck!

2:12 PM  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

I'll be embarrassed if I have not read the books, and even more embarrassed if I have and still guessed wrong.

These sound as if they could be an exasperated Montalbano.
==============================

Detectives Beyond Borders
"Because Murder Is More Fun Away From Home"
http://detectivesbeyondborders.blogspot.com/

10:24 PM  
Blogger Uriah Robinson said...

Thanks for your comments. It would be difficult to give a real clue without giving the answers away too easily.
But one of the detectives repeated his expression in another book, and both books have an American connection. I don't think that is going to help much but I still want to see if anyone can get the correct answers.
These questions are very easy when you know the answer.
Neither of the passages is from Camilleri but they could be, and they do show that there is nothing new under the sun.

10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No. 1 is very easy to find out online (so easy that I'm not going to claim any credit and post it here).

No 2 I am racking my brains about...

4:32 AM  
Blogger Uriah Robinson said...

Thanks anonymous, how are you going to claim credit if you are anon? ;)

I agree No 1 should be easy........

8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No idea here!

Looking forward to the time of being told the answer....

1:26 PM  
Blogger Uriah Robinson said...

cfr please be patient till Monday.

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home