Monday, June 07, 2010

WIN A CAMILLERI COMPETITION


Those very nice people at Pan Macmillan have sent me a copy of August Heat by Andrea Camilleri and also a copy of The Wings of the Sphinx, his latest book to be translated into English by Stephen Sartarelli.
August Heat will be published in paperback by Picador on 18 June at £7.99.
The Wings of the Sphinx will be published in hardback by Mantle on 18 June at £14.99.

My regular readers [there must be some] will know that I have already read, and reviewed both these books.
Therefore I would like to pass them on to a worthy home.

All you have to do to win one of these books is to answer a simple question.

Why did the first Desert Island Castaway make a wartime British Prime Minister admire an Italian dictator?


Answers to thbear08@googlemail.com by midnight BST Monday 21 June 2010.
Two winners will be drawn so please specify which book you would prefer.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mack said...

I see you haven't lost your capability for devising fiendish questions. I've already gone down one false trail.

8:55 AM  
Blogger Uriah Robinson said...

Keep trying Mack, the answer appealed to my sense of humour. Best of luck.
I hope you are well and surviving under your new Republican Governor, who apparently has a rather nasty adviser.

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home