Tuesday, November 27, 2007

READING MATTERS


Just a reminder that the The Paper Moon by Andrea Camilleri, translated by Stephen Sartarelli is due out in March 2008.

And as another treat Via delle Oche, the final book in the De Luca trilogy by Carlo Lucarelli, translated by Michael Reynolds, is expected in May 2008.
I started to count the books I have read so far this year and realised that there were about 34 novels, 7 non fiction but crime related books, and 6 non fiction history books. This averages out at about a book a week, of which 15 of the novels were set in Italy! I did not realise it was that many considering the amount of time this year I have spent driving all over Dartmoor, watching the Rugby World Cup, and suffering from toothache.

5 Comments:

Blogger Maxine Clarke said...

Well I am lucky because I think I have three to read before I get to this one -- the one with silver in the title, the rounding mark one and the patience of the spider. Looking forward to all of them.
Yes, Italian crime is on a roll, with Carofiglio, the chap you are always writing about whom I haven't read yet (Massimo Carlito? Have I remembered right?) and Donna Leon, if she counts, which I think she does, as she's lived there so long. What riches.
(Sweden not so bad either, though!)

1:26 PM  
Blogger Uriah Robinson said...

Thanks Maxine, did you mean the Scent of the Night which follows excursion to Tindari or have I missed one!?
It is Massimo Carlotto, the Fugitive, of whose work we have numbers 4 and 5 I think in the Alligator series, but not the first three.
Sweden, Norway and Iceland have done pretty well this year as well.

4:03 PM  
Blogger Maxine Clarke said...

Yes, Norm, thanks -- I had misremembered Scent as Silver.

9:15 AM  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

If you've read 34 books, I'm surprised that as few as 15 were set in Italy.
==============
Detectives Beyond Borders
"Because Murder Is More Fun Away From Home"
http://www.detectivesbeyondborders.blogspot.com/

1:47 PM  
Blogger Uriah Robinson said...

Peter, those long Scandinavian sagas take time to read. But I am reading a Donna Leon now to push up the Italian quota.

3:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home