Saturday, March 12, 2011

GUEST APPEARANCES



Last year I made a guest appearance as a humble policeman in the charming Aly Monroe's atmospheric spy thriller Washington Shadow.
Washington Shadow was nominated for the 2010 CWA Ellis Peters Historical Award, but I think that had a lot more to do with the tension filled story than my name being used.

But now I have been upstaged as another member of our blogging group makes an appearance in John Lawton's historical novel A Lily of the Field, as a character who is a virtuoso violinist, a former child prodigy now in her early twenties, she is tall, dark, and ..........
Early twenties, tall, talented-I am a little jealous.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Norman - I know what you mean about feeling upstaged... I'm not tall or in my twenties, either.. ;-). But this is great news - and richly deserved - thanks for sharing :-).

1:20 PM  
Blogger Maxine Clarke said...

I'm intrigued, Norman, who could that be? I do remember your guest appearance in Washington Square, quite an honour!

1:34 PM  
Blogger Uriah Robinson said...

Maxine and Margot the word after and began with the letter W.
So that is a hefty clue. ;o)

2:21 PM  
Blogger Aly Monroe said...

I'm pretty sure I made patrolman Price a skilled pianist, but my editor said something about too much detail. Sorry

5:08 AM  
Blogger Uriah Robinson said...

Thanks Aly, I feel better now. ;o)

5:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home