Saturday, August 21, 2010

MY LIFE WITH THE BOOKS OF 2010



I am back on my meds, and not feeling quite so sensitive; time for some fun.
Last year I participated in a meme to describe my life in the form of the book titles I had read that year, see at My Life with Books of 2009.

The meme has revived this year with different questions, and I have noted the contributions by:


Here goes with mine, although I haven't read as many books this year so this may be tricky.

In High School I was: The Informer [Craig Nova]
People might be surprised I'm: The Snowman [Jo Nesbo]
I will never be: The Monster in the Box [Ruth Rendell]
My fantasy job is: The Stone Cutter [Camilla Lackberg]
At the end of the day I need: Skinny Dip [Carl Hiassen]
I hate it when: Vodka Doesn't Freeze [Leah Giarratano]
Wish I had: Thirty Three Teeth [Colin Cotterill]
My family reunions are: A Night of Long Knives [Rebecca Cantrell]
At the party you'd find me with: The Woman from Bratislava [Leif Davidsen]
I've never been to: Cemetery Lake [Paul Cleave]
A happy day includes: Midnight Fugue [Reginald Hill]
Motto I live by: Truth [Peter Temple]
On my bucket list: Blood Safari [Deon Meyer]
In my next life I want to be: Bad Boy [Peter Robinson]

Photos taken on Dartmoor, and at the Lambeth Country Show 2010.

11 Comments:

Blogger Bernadette said...

LOL Norman...another great entry into this meme. Though if you are taking a Skinny Dip at the end of the day surely you are already a Bad Boy :)

7:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Norman - This is wonderful. I almost used Skinny Dip in my own contribution to this meme, but the world does not need that mental image. These are great responses!

7:07 AM  
Blogger Uriah Robinson said...

Thanks, Bernadette and Margot.
I limped into a deli in Ashburton the other week, and a lady asked me if I had broken my knee playing rugby!
I think she had lost her spectacles but I took that as an enormous compliment not having played for 40 years. Unfortunately the same time frame applies to both Skinny Dip and Bad Boy. ;o)

7:19 AM  
Blogger Dorte H said...

Every time I see one of these I think they canĀ“t get funnier - but they do. Skinny Dip indeed :D

12:21 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

My husband and I skinny dip all the time, so perhaps that's why that response didn't raise any particular flags for me. The one that made me laugh was 33 teeth!

12:43 PM  
Blogger Uriah Robinson said...

Pleased you were amused Dorte and Cathy. But my teeth and me skinny dipping are not pleasant sights. :o(

1:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great post! Love your answers. I did it today too.

CD

9:21 PM  
Blogger Uriah Robinson said...

Thanks CD I will look your answers up later, off out now before it rains again.

4:02 AM  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

You're just as witty on meds as off, mate.
==========================
Detectives Beyond Borders
"Because Murder Is More Fun Away From Home"
http://www.detectivesbeyondborders.blogspot.com/

10:22 PM  
Blogger Uriah Robinson said...

Thanks Peter.
I would be a lot calmer if I stopped reading newspapers, and stopped watching the TV news, and reading books set in the UK.....
When the author suggests that cuddly Reg Wexford might be even a little bit racist I get upset. After all the poor man has not got a promotion since 1964?

1:49 AM  
Anonymous kathy d. said...

33 teeth? Hilarious.

At a party with "The Woman from Bratislava"? My answer to that is:
"The Man from Beijing."

This is fun and perks up the TBR pile.

1:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home