Friday, August 06, 2010

GENDER INEQUALITY



As I start reading my 37th crime fiction book of the year I realise that the number of books I have read has been greatly reduced by the weeks I spent dosed up on those scrumptious codeine tablets after my accident and operation.
I have also noted that of those 37 books only nine have been written by women.
This is an unfortunate bias, and with such a record I might be banned from the grounds of Greenway, home of the greatest of female crime writers.
Therefore I have created my own personal challenge to remedy this state of affairs, and read more books written by female crime writers.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Norman - I admire your reflectiveness. Mostly, I admire your commitment to reading very widely in the crime fiction genre, not only in terms of gender, but also in terms of books from different places and by different authors. I've a lot of respect for you on that score.

3:17 PM  
Blogger Kerrie said...

my count is 48 male authors in 80 books Norman. I'll have to take some affirmative action!

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home