Monday, April 20, 2009

MY DARTMOOR DOZEN: THE FULL LIST


I seem to be back as a "non spam blog" therefore I am taking the opportunity of posting the full list of my Dartmoor Dozen books.

The Suspicions of Mr Whicher: Kate Summerscale
The Hound of The Baskervilles: Arthur Conan Doyle
Death on The Nile: Agatha Christie
The Long Goodbye: Raymond Chandler
The Locked Room: Maj Sjowall and Per Wahloo
The Man Who Liked Slow Tomatoes: K.C. Constantine
The Reunion: Simone van der Vlugt
The Big O: Declan Burke
A Quiet Flame: Philip Kerr
A Coffin For Dimitrios: Eric Ambler
Nemesis: Jo Nesbo
Excursion to Tindari: Andrea Camilleri

This list makes me think of those cookery programs where pretentious chefs comment on the amateur cooks and pontificate "what I want is flavour, flavour, flavour". 
The books in this list are definitely full of different flavours and they all feature wonderful characters and dialogue that sticks in the mind.  

2 Comments:

Blogger Dorte H said...

Nice flavours there :D

I think you (or someone else) said a short while ago, that if you had to make a new list in a year´s time, it would probably be completely different. For my part, I think I change my mental list quite often; after having joined our crime and mystery room I have added so many excellent writers to my list, e.g. Ann cleeves & Martin Edwards.

But that is just part of the pleasure, expanding one´s horizon in the company of good & inspiring friends :D

5:25 AM  
Blogger Maxine Clarke said...

Congratulations on the accolade of a "non spam blog". When are we going to see the badge on your site?!
There are one or two in your list that I have not read, so I must get my skates on before you do as Dorte suggests and devise a new dozen for next year.

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home