Saturday, April 18, 2009

THE SATURDAY QUOTE: THE JOB MARKET

Last month I took up the challenge from Dorte at DJS Krimiblog originating at Weekly Geeks of posting a quote a day. I have decided to regularly quote from books taken at random from my shelves that might have some significance to current events and world problems. Anyone who wants to guess the identity of the book can do so in the comments, the answer will be posted tomorrow.

Worst thing is he can't get a job.
Any job.
He's a lying felon. A corrupt brutal cop. And with that kind of reference he can't get a gig asking, "Would you like fries with that, sir?" 

2 Comments:

Blogger Dorte H said...

Oh, I am so glad there is no book to be won, because I don´t have a clue - and it seems as if my lifeline, Google doesn´t either ;)

A brutal and corrupt cop - that is no clue at all - aren´t they all???

12:22 PM  
Blogger Uriah Robinson said...

I thought you might know the author Dorte because of the Palle Rosenkrantz Prisen.
I thought the quote was appropriate in the current recession and because we our police are in the spotlight after the G20 demonstrations.

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home