Tuesday, February 17, 2009

ON THE MOOR TODAY


On the moor today but Exmoor not Dartmoor. It would have been too difficult to have chosen an "Exmoor Eight" rather than the "Dartmoor Dozen" but this moor is just as beautiful. There are wild ponies here as well but they were too quick for the camera operator... and that is snow. The ground was totally saturated as the heavy  snowfalls begin to melt and this could mean flooding further down the Exe if there is heavy rain. 
As a complete change from the type of books I have been reading over the past few weeks I have moved on to start Inspector French's Greatest Case by Freeman Wills Croft, a Golden Age mystery written in 1924. I hope it won't be too humdrum and plodding.
I will be posting an interview in the next few days with author  Rebecca Cantrell 
and next week my dozen books in the Dartmoor challenge

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Exmoor, have walked there on several occasions but not as often as you I am sure. Most of the walks are in (fruitless) attempts to find Lorna Doone's valley, as I loved this book as a child.

1:43 PM  
Blogger Uriah Robinson said...

You have to go further north than we were today to find Doone Valley it is up near Porlock.
I must admit after all that fresh air and it is much colder on the moor I adjourned for a pub lunch. ;o)

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home