Friday, January 16, 2009

THE EDGAR NOMINATIONS



It is rather appropriate that the Edgar Nominations should be published here a few days before Edgar Allan Poe's bicentenary on the 19th. Thanks once again to Karen of Euro Crime for this news announced at Maxine's friend feed where the membership has reached 50. 

I have read only one of all those nominees The Suspicions of Mr Whicher by Kate Summerscale, but embarrassingly  I do have The Foreigner by Francine Lin on my TBR shelf. This was sent from Picador USA for me to review, and I never got round to reading it. There are just too many books and not enough time in the day, but now I will definitely read it. 

It was nice to see Karin Alvtegen nominated I have only read Betrayal and found it gripping if rather bleak.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home