Sunday, June 08, 2008

REPORT FROM BRISTOL: CRIMEFEST 2008



I must admit dipping my fat toes in CrimeFest was a mistake I should have dived in and booked for the 'full monty'.
I was there only for the Saturday program and had woken up at 5.30 am and left the house at 6.30 am to drive to Bristol. I therefore was a bit sleepy and not at my intellectual peak during the day. 
It was interesting to meet people I had communicated with electronically and who proved to be just as nice as I had imagined them to be in person, even nicer in fact.

Declan Burke got me a bit concerned as he thought I looked like Salman Rushdie!
It wasn't the fatwa and the $1.5 million bounty on Rushdie's head that worried me, it was the fact that I did not think I could cope with Rushdie's women.

Just to say that I have read The Big O by Declan Burke which was great, but I definitely have not written or even read The Satanic Verses which I am sure has too many long words for me.

More reports from CrimeFest 2008 to follow over the next few days. 

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely to see you again, Norm, albeit briefly on this weekend. I now look forward to reading your posts of your interpretation of events.

I wish we'd had more time at Bristol! Including Karen and Maxine, both of whom I wish I'd seen more of this weekend, as well as you on the Saturday.

My best to you!

6:23 PM  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

Who's the hot babe on your arm?
==============
Detectives Beyond Borders
"Because Murder Is More Fun Away From Home"
http://www.detectivesbeyondborders.blogspot.com/

1:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salman Robinson -- yessss, has a nice ring to it!
Lovely to meet you, Norm. Your beard is truly gorgeous. Eat your heart out, Viggo. (aka Aragorn, a bearded gentleman to whom Petrona is rather partial.)

2:18 PM  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

Criminy! I never get mistaken for Nobel-mentioned wenchers! I never make action-hero/movie star/poet/publishers eat their hearts out!

You are the man!
==============
Detectives Beyond Borders
"Because Murder Is More Fun Away From Home"
http://www.detectivesbeyondborders.blogspot.com/

3:01 PM  
Blogger Uriah Robinson said...

Thank you Maxine glad you liked the beard although after I had read out Declan's blog Mrs Crime Scraps thought I had better shave it off.
I was not worried as the two people who have thought I looked like Salman are named Bridie and Declan and might have been on the dark stuff with a Jameson's chaser.

1:17 AM  
Blogger Uriah Robinson said...

Peter I think Declan's identification might have something to do with:

1) A very good Friday night.

2) He has the Nobel Prize for literature constantly on his mind.

I am much more chuffed to be mentioned in the same comment as Viggo Mortensen. ;o)

1:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home