Sunday, June 08, 2008


I must admit dipping my fat toes in CrimeFest was a mistake I should have dived in and booked for the 'full monty'.
I was there only for the Saturday program and had woken up at 5.30 am and left the house at 6.30 am to drive to Bristol. I therefore was a bit sleepy and not at my intellectual peak during the day. 
It was interesting to meet people I had communicated with electronically and who proved to be just as nice as I had imagined them to be in person, even nicer in fact.

Declan Burke got me a bit concerned as he thought I looked like Salman Rushdie!
It wasn't the fatwa and the $1.5 million bounty on Rushdie's head that worried me, it was the fact that I did not think I could cope with Rushdie's women.

Just to say that I have read The Big O by Declan Burke which was great, but I definitely have not written or even read The Satanic Verses which I am sure has too many long words for me.

More reports from CrimeFest 2008 to follow over the next few days. 


Anonymous crimeficreader said...

Lovely to see you again, Norm, albeit briefly on this weekend. I now look forward to reading your posts of your interpretation of events.

I wish we'd had more time at Bristol! Including Karen and Maxine, both of whom I wish I'd seen more of this weekend, as well as you on the Saturday.

My best to you!

6:23 PM  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

Who's the hot babe on your arm?
Detectives Beyond Borders
"Because Murder Is More Fun Away From Home"

1:25 AM  
OpenID maxine said...

Salman Robinson -- yessss, has a nice ring to it!
Lovely to meet you, Norm. Your beard is truly gorgeous. Eat your heart out, Viggo. (aka Aragorn, a bearded gentleman to whom Petrona is rather partial.)

2:18 PM  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

Criminy! I never get mistaken for Nobel-mentioned wenchers! I never make action-hero/movie star/poet/publishers eat their hearts out!

You are the man!
Detectives Beyond Borders
"Because Murder Is More Fun Away From Home"

3:01 PM  
Blogger Uriah Robinson said...

Thank you Maxine glad you liked the beard although after I had read out Declan's blog Mrs Crime Scraps thought I had better shave it off.
I was not worried as the two people who have thought I looked like Salman are named Bridie and Declan and might have been on the dark stuff with a Jameson's chaser.

1:17 AM  
Blogger Uriah Robinson said...

Peter I think Declan's identification might have something to do with:

1) A very good Friday night.

2) He has the Nobel Prize for literature constantly on his mind.

I am much more chuffed to be mentioned in the same comment as Viggo Mortensen. ;o)

1:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home