Wednesday, July 18, 2007

OLD MONEY TRASH AND TWO PRIZES


Earlier in the month I posted about this years Crime Writer's Association Dagger winners.

"The Duncan Lawrie Dagger for 2007 has been won by Peter Temple for his book The Broken Shore, while the writer /translator team of Fred Vargas and Sian Reynolds won the International Dagger for the second year running for Wash this Blood Clean from my Hand."


I did not mention that both the Ian Fleming Steel Dagger, and the New Blood Dagger had been won by Gillian Flynn for her novel Sharp Objects.

So I have decided on a change of scene from Sicily and Puglia, and that I had better read this double prize winner set in southern Missouri.

One thing Southern Italy, and the heartland of the USA have in common is that is that there are plenty of very quirky characters, and strange situations for crime writers to explore.


"It's near the Mississippi, so it was a port city at one point. Now its biggest business is hog butchering...........Old money and trash."

"Which are you?"

"I'm trash. From old money."
A promising start, I think I am going to enjoy this one.








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home