Saturday, February 27, 2010

JO NESBO WINS AWARD


I received an email yesterday from the Salomonsson Agency informing me that Jo Nesbo's novel The Leopard has won the Palle Rosenkrantz Prize.

This prize is awarded by the Danish Crime Writing Academy for the year's Best Crime Novel and the list of previous winners reads like a Hall of Fame of Crime Writers. They include, among others, John Le Carre, P.D.James, Ruth Rendell, Colin Dexter, Peter Robinson, Hakan Nesser, Karin Alvtegen, Don Winslow, Leif Davidsen, Peter Hoeg, Gunnar Staalesen, Donna Leon, Ian Rankin and Reginald Hill.
The good news for me is that a copy of the The Snowman is in the post.
When am I going to find time to read all these books?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Norman - Thanks for passing along the news of that well-deserved award. I'm glad you're getting a copy of The Snowman in the bargain. I hope you enjoy it : ).

11:49 AM  
Blogger Uriah Robinson said...

Thanks Margot. By the way your you tube video is superb advertising.

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Norman : ). I appreciate the feedback. It's always such a balance (for me, anyway). On the one hand, I dislike hucksterism. I write because I love to write, and I quite frankly don't think much of authors (and we all could name some) who are more corporations than authors focused on quality. Besides, I like good taste. On the other hand, the reality is, one can't sell books if one doesn't "put one's name out there." I'm glad you didn't think this video went over the line.

12:34 PM  
Blogger Dorte H said...

I think your question is rhetorical because I am quite sure you will find the time to read The Snowman soon. ;D

12:45 PM  
Blogger Uriah Robinson said...

Dorte- You are right there.

Margot-Of course not, I may be doing some blatant advertising of my own in the next few weeks. ;o)

3:22 PM  
Blogger Maxine Clarke said...

Thanks for this news, Norman. I'm really looking forward to reading this, even more so now that it has this endorsement. I hope you enjoy The Snowman as much as I did. So glad you are getting a copy. And in view of these comments about it, I really must watch Margot's video! I'm Looking forward to your promotion, Dorte.

3:31 AM  
Blogger Dorte H said...

A promotion of a 300-word story, and knowing you, it must be totally spoiler-free? A piece of cake, I say.

Maxine, come and visit me later today, and I will try to have something for you.

4:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home