Tuesday, September 22, 2009

COMING SOON ON CRIME SCRAPS



Posts that are in the pipeline:

I am in the middle of reading the sixth Bernie Gunther novel If The Dead Rise Not by Philip Kerr, and in the next couple of weeks I will be posting a very interesting interview with the author.

Also an anecdote on the influence of Agatha Christie by one of our major crime writers.

Uriah meets a Cartier Diamond Dagger winner by the seaside.

An October Quiz and hopefully another trip to Torquay, where I have an appointment with a poached salmon and cucumber sandwich.

"Besides, as soon as I saw you I knew you were trouble. And it so happens that's just the way I like my women. With big fenders, polished coach work, lots of chrome, and a supercharged engine, like the car Hedda drives. The kind of car where you find yourself in Poland the moment you touch the gas. I'd be on the bus if I was interested in sleeping with librarians."
Bernie Gunther in If The Dead Rise Not
[Thanks to Quercus and Maxine of Petrona for the book]

1 Comments:

Blogger Dorte H said...

Wonderful appetizer!

- and I received such a nice parcel today, thank you. I hadnĀ“t expected them so soon.

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home