Sunday, March 15, 2009

THE CROSSROADS





It is a beautiful sunny day in Devon and we have just returned from walking along the beach at Budleigh Salterton. We had to tip toe past large numbers of 'twitchers' with their cameras and Zeiss binoculars trained on the numerous birds that make their home, or have a rest on their journey, on the Otter estuary.

My review of Niccolo Ammaniti's brilliant novel The Crossroads is now posted at Euro Crime here. Any book with a character called "Quattro Formaggi" has got to be worth reading.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Norman, I see I am allegedly from Croydon today. Hope Surbiton does not mind.

I loved your review. It sounds like a rude, crude yet rewarding book. And I loved your comment about the under 18 and over 65 year olds!

As mentioned at Friend Feed, from your review it sounded as if the book might have one or two similarities to French author Dominique Manottie. Mind you, I do not recall a character in her book (I have only read one so far) called Croque Monsieur.

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home