Saturday, June 14, 2008

NEW EURO CRIME REVIEW: DEATH IN BRESLAU


My review of Polish crime writer Marek Krajewski's Death in Breslau has been posted on Euro Crime.
This book features an excitingly idiosyncratic new detective Eberhard Mock and the good news is that there are three more books in the series. The book is set around the time of the collapse of Weimar Germany and  the Nazi takeover, the period that has been Philip Kerr territory with his Bernie Gunther series. 
I must say that in my opinion Death in Breslau is right up there with the Kerr series as both crime fiction and as a lesson from history.

Coming up next week I will be posting a very interesting interview with Marek Krajewski.

You can also read my review of A Quiet Flame by Philip Kerr here

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely agree. I found the premise of the Krajewlski fantastic, a great read and cannot wait for further installments.

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home