Tuesday, May 13, 2008

THE MAN IN THE WINDOW AND SJOWALL AND WAHLOO


My review of another fine Norwegian police procedural The Man in The Window by K.O.Dahl has been posted on Euro Crime.


Also on a Scandinavian theme Maxine at Petrona informs us about Pattinase's forgotten books which this week featured Roseanna the first Martin Beck novel.

Maxine very kindly links into some of my posts about the ten great books in the series by Swedish married couple Maj Sjowall and Per Wahloo, here , here and here.


There is also a review of The Locked Room, one of my favourites in the series available here.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your review of the Dahl book, Norm. So much so that when I was in Waterstone's at the weekend I looked to see if the first was in stock. Of course it wasn't, so I may get it from Amazon, your friendly well-stocked, we-never-close, neighbourhood store, for half the price (based on the price of the one Dahl that was in stock at W's).

Also, have just read the most brill book, Det Insp Huss by Helene Turston. If you haven't read it, I highly recommend it, it is very much in the tradition of Sjowall/Wahloo referred to in your post, and thoroughly enjoyable. I am gestating a review for Euro Crime.

11:26 AM  
Blogger Uriah Robinson said...

Thanks Maxine. Do you want to read The Man in the Window as I still have my copy? Email if you do.

I seem to always be reading the second in a series first or in the case of Norwegians number 5 followed by 3!

Det Insp Huss sounds like the first in the series so I might read that when I ahve churned through the TBR mountain.

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home