Sunday, May 13, 2007

WHERE IS THIS?


I thought I would pose another where is this teaser.


I am about three quarters of my way through The Broken Shore and in the book the Aboriginal settlement at Daunt sounds a bit like the town of Chinle in the Navajo Nation reservation, Arizona.

I must say at Chinle we stayed in the cleanest motel room I have ever seen, and had some of the best food, but also saw some of the poorest people in the USA.

After The Broken Shore I have an ARC of Paul Johnston's The Death List, and The Patience of The Spider by Andrea Camilleri to read.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see the tease is on again. ;-)
Are we able to narrow down the field? I'm thinking England, somewhere..

10:16 AM  
Blogger Uriah Robinson said...

England it is.

11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haddon Hall? (Back of.)

5:46 AM  
Blogger Uriah Robinson said...

Well done, Rhian!
I will have to find something more obscure next time. I was surprised by the beauty of the Peak District National Park, and it is one place in England that I would like to visit again.

6:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm obviouly honing my Google research skills! And I've discovered a lot of interesting Elizabethan houses along the way. I should get out more.

1:33 PM  
Blogger Uriah Robinson said...

Well when it comes to Elizabethan Houses one of the best is Plas Mawr in Conwy, North Wales. But I could not find my photos which I took in 2004, so I chose Haddon Hall.

"In the narrow streets at its heart stands Plas Mawr, the 'Great Hall', built between 1576 and 1585 for the influential Welsh merchant, Robert Wynn.

The tall, lime rendered walls reflect the status of its builder as does its richly decorated interior. But do not let this rugged exterior deceive you, for within it is rich in ornamentation.

Plas Mawr is an architectural gem, the finest surviving town house of the Elizabethan era to be found anywhere in Britain."

I think my new teaser will just be too difficult even for someone from Wales. :)

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home