Sunday, May 06, 2007

MAIGRET FEAST

Tomorrow is a holiday in the UK and ITV3, a digital channel, which I am lucky to get on my cable package is featuring about 12 hours of the Michael Gambon Maigret series.
Gambon will introduce each episode with a little 5 minute film explaining for instance why the Paris scenes were filmed in Budapest!

I won't be able to watch it but with the technology in the cable box I will be able to record the whole series and digest it at my leisure. I hope!

My sick laptop has had a complete medical, and at the moment behaving very well. PC or Mac that is the question for the future.

2 Comments:

Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

That should be worth seeing with the added comments from Michael Gambon. I have read that the producers chose Hungary because Budapest, having been spared the ravages of rampant (capitalist) property development, had preserved much of the feel of the older Paris that was true to the Simenon stories.

This leads to the question of whether Hungary's sometimes refactory behavior toward the Soviet Union spared it the worst ravages of rampant (communist) property development.
===================
Detectives Beyond Borders
"Because Murder Is More Fun Away From Home"
http://detectivesbeyondborders.blogspot.com/

9:12 AM  
Blogger Uriah Robinson said...

I have watched a little bit of the Maigret marathon and wondered whether knowing that it is Hungary and not La Belle France would spoil it a bit for me. But the acting and atmosphere are so good that it does not make any difference. In one episode Maigret travels to the Atlantic coast near La Rochelle, and it is actually Lake Balaton. The actors are dressed for the Atlantic winds in a very hot and humid summer in Central Europe!

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home