Tuesday, October 24, 2006

BEST OF THE YEAR SO FAR?




Over at the 4 Mystery Addicts forum they are discussing which is their favourite book of the year, and the one book they want to read before the end of the year.

I think it is proably too early to decide on a favourite or best book yet with all the dark nights in November and December to come, when one can settle down and read, and read.

But the temptation is too great for a weak bookaholic like me, not to mention my choices at this time.

Best "new to me" crime author: Arnaldur Indridason for Tainted Blood [Jar City in USA] and Silence of the Grave

Best crime book set in Europe: The Day of the Owl by Leonardo Sciascia

Best crime book set in the USA: Prince of Thieves by Chuck Hogan

Best Historical crime book: The Coffee Trader by David Liss

Will these contenders stand up to my further reading experiences in the next two months?

These books are certainly a lot better than my abilities at lining them up on blogger.

3 Comments:

Blogger Karen (Euro Crime) said...

and I thought you were being arty with the cover layout :-).

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well the only ones of these I have read are the Indridason's -- and I'd certainly go for those.
Must read the rest;-)

Let me know if you want a Vox invite (or you can just go straight there and sign up yourself-- something like www.vox.com). They have this little clicky thing built in, and you can search Amazon and stick up minipics of the books all in the posting function -- I've archived all my book reviews there (it is free) -- link on Petrona.

But, must stop blogging and get to some reading of your recommendations (when, when?).

3:04 PM  
Blogger Uriah Robinson said...

Maxine, I will try the vox as soon as I have time. There don't seem to be enough hours in the day, or night, to read everything I want to read this year.

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home