Tuesday, September 26, 2006

PAOLA BRUNETTI

I am having problems posting comments so I will reply to comments in main blog.

Is the gorgeous Paola the perfect wife? Excellent mother to Raffi and Chiara, professor of literature and wonderful cook , who rustles up superb meals for the ever hungry Guido at lunchtime!

I suppose the answer is yes, but I must say my own wife gets pretty close to Paola in a lot of ways especially the size of her library of literature, poetry and religious books. Although one published article in an obscure magazine does not qualify her as a professor of literature, she should be one!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think blogger was playing up a lot last night, so it probably wasn't you, more likely it.

Glad to read about your paragon of a wife :-), but is she actually a full Professor of English literature, read as much outside her field as Paola, do the level of shopping for fresh food and the level of cooking as Paola, and be so empathetic with two teenagerish children, as well as having all that time for Brunetti?

I've never met anyone like that, male or female.

I suppose that, being a female myself, I always feel hopelessly pathetic whenever Paola comes into the Brunetti books -- who could ever live up to that? (and keep her temper)

12:39 AM  
Blogger Uriah Robinson said...

I agree she sets impossibly high standards. I am shocked that Paola was created by a woman as she is clearly a male fantasy, the perfect wife.
Brunetti's home life is in stark contrast to British detectives Morse, Rebus and Banks and their lonely existence. Wexford is about the only happily married Brit detective I can think of at the moment.

1:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, and Dora does leave him to fend for himself now and again to make him appreciate her, doesn't she?

You put it well about Paola and your shock, that's just how I react also but I did not articulate it so succinctly or well.

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home