Monday, June 15, 2009

STARTING SHADOW


I have finished The Chalk Circle Man by Fred Vargas which had some nice twists and turns at the end and a few red herrings along the way. This novel exhibited all the quirkiness of the later Adamsberg mysteries but I don't think the plot was as strong as Wash This Blood Clean From My Hand or This Night's Foul Work.

Now on to read the last of the six nominees for the International Dagger, Shadow by Karin Alvtegen translated by McKinley Burnett [aka Steven Murray] and highly rated here by Maxine of Petrona.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did, Norman.

12:54 PM  
Blogger Kerrie said...

I though CHALK CIRCLE was a good indication of where Vargas had come from

2:31 AM  
Blogger Uriah Robinson said...

Agreed Kerrie she did seem a much more accomplished writer in the later books.

2:51 AM  
Anonymous Vanessa said...

I hope that you loved it when your read the story and Kerrie is a good writer.

2:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home