Thursday, April 02, 2009

FREE BOOK A SIGNED COPY OF A TRACE OF SMOKE: AND THE WINNER IS.....


I would like to thank all those who took part in the quiz and especially in alphabetical order Donna, Dorte, Iasa, Lauren, Mack and Philip who got the correct answer. Several people thought it was Eugen Rosenstock-Huessey, who was a Professor at Harvard and died in Norwich Vermont, but he did not have successors who fulfilled the other criteria. 
   
The question was four men held a job in succession A,B,C,D 

A. Was subsequently a Professor at Harvard and died in Norwich Vermont? 
B. Served time in prison for war crimes.
C. Was murdered.
D. Committed suicide. 

Who was A and what was the job?  The answer Heinrich Bruning who was Reichskanzler of Germany during the period of the book A Trace of Smoke which is set in 1931. For full details about the book and an interview with the author Rebecca Cantrell click here and scroll down.

B. Franz von Papen
C. Kurt von Schleicher murdered on the Night of the Long Knives 30 June 1934.
D. Adolf Hitler

And the winner after a completely fair draw conducted by Mrs Crime Scraps is Dorte.

Dorte if you email me your address at thbear08@googlemail.com I will post the book off to you, and I do hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

I only wish I had more copies to send to all those who got the correct answer. 

4 Comments:

Blogger Dorte H said...

Oh, this is sooooo nice :)
You have really made my day, Norman.

8:24 AM  
Blogger Philip Amos said...

And it's made my day as well -- a winner as worthy and nice as there could possibly be! Well done, Dorte.

11:42 AM  
Blogger Kerrie said...

Well done Dorte. I feel really obtuse. I still didn't work out what the question was actually about. I am like Hastings to your Poirot Norman

12:57 AM  
Blogger Uriah Robinson said...

Well Kerrie I am a 'funny little man' but that is as close as I get to being like the clever perfectly attired Poirot. Part three of the miniquiz coming up in the next few days should get your little grey cells working. ;o)

1:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home