Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A MUST READ: ECHOES FROM THE DEAD


A brilliantly bubbly and enthusiastic review here of Johan Theoren's Echoes From The Dead by the erudite and knowledgeable Crimeficreader confirms my own view that this is the book that sets the standard for translated crime fiction in 2008.
It is well written reviews like this and Petrona's here that show up my own amateur efforts. 

I was just thinking that Lisbeth Salander from The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson, and Johan Theoren's grey power terrier Gerlof Davidsson would be some investigative team.

1 Comments:

Blogger crimeficreader said...

You, like me, are only amateurs in that we don't get paid for our openly offered-up thoughts on books, Norm. It's because the MSM still has to decide on its future, within this particular venue. This will change and it's up to the likes of us to ensure that it does.

Posting is proving in my mind.

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home