Monday, June 23, 2008

BARCELONA


Rather surprisingly I really did not enjoy An Olympic Death by Manuel Vazquez Montalban featuring gourmet detective Pepe Carvalho. 

But Karen at Euro Crime has intrigued me with news of the publication in English of Death Rites the first of  Alicia Gimenez-Bartlett's series about Inspector Petra Delicado of the Barcelona police.

'tough, sexy, at times apparently pitiless is a new kind of cop in Spanish crime fiction.'

Well I do like books about female detectives although at my age perhaps Miss Marple is more my scene than Petra Delicado.  

But Barcelona does seem worth a visit.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I don't know, Norm, it sounds to me as if a cop with a name like Petra Delicado would keep you young and sprightly! (Not that you aren't already, of course, despite what you write!)

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home