Saturday, April 19, 2008

HOLD YOUR HORSES: IT'S ANOTHER LIST


The Times 50 Greatest Crime Writers list is oneline here but I had some problems with the links [too many crime fiction fanatics on line?] so I dashed out at first light, well perhaps a bit later, to purchase a copy of the newspaper.


Thanks to Karen at Euro Crime for the news that Andrea Camilleri was deservedly on the list.

And also to Kerrie at Mysteries in Paradise for her post which listed the books in a readable format. I am still puzzled that I could connect to Adelaide and not to The Times in London.

Ar first glance the list seems less contentious than the Telegraph's 100 Greatest, but I was still able to come up with 13 missing contenders for the top 50 in a minute.

The choice of Patricia Highsmith at number one will provoke some debate I would think.



But before I post my "missing in action " list I must just see how many of those 50 I have read, and then think what really defines greatness in a writer.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kerrie said...

I probably broke all copyright rules by giving the list in the format that I did - but I did make sure each one linked back to the site :-)

I think also the original list was "leaked" from a pre-publishing site which is why it didn't remain as the URL. Gained a new URL on publishing which is the one I was fortunate enough to find through someone else.

4:13 PM  
Blogger Uriah Robinson said...

I too have probably broken copyright rules by using a cropped photo of the front page.
I got the original link from master detective Karen of Euro Crime who never misses anything.

4:33 PM  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

At first glance, I saw no one who made me think "What the *&%^$! is HE doing on the list?"
========================
Detectives Beyond Borders
"Because Murder Is More Fun Away From Home"
http://detectivesbeyondborders.blogspot.com/

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home