Monday, February 04, 2008

NORWEGIAN ORDER


Karen at Euro Crime and Faber and Faber have sent me the new K.O.Dahl, The Man in the Window to review.


I find it very exciting to find a new author [for me] and perhaps this shows what a quiet life I lead.

At least I will be reading these books in sequence because as with Jo Nesbo they are being translated out of order.

The first of K.O.Dahl's Gunnarstranda and Frolich novels to be published in English, The Fourth Man was the 5th in the series.

The Man in the Window is number 3.


I won't say too much now as my review will appear in due course on Euro Crime, but first impressions are very good, and it seems to be very much in the style of Maj Sjowall and Per Wahloo, and Henning Mankell.


The translation from the original Norwegian is by Don Bartlett, who also translated the excellent The Redbreast and The Devil's Star by Jo Nesbo.


K.O.Dahl is number one among Norwegian Crime Writers: Aftenposten [Norway]

3 Comments:

Blogger Karen (Euro Crime) said...

You can relate to my excitement on Saturday when I got home from a busy and long day at work to find NEMESIS waiting for me!!!!
It's another tome, this time in hardback for extra weight...

8:08 AM  
Blogger Uriah Robinson said...

You lucky girl...I am very jealous, although the K.O.Dahl is very good.

9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've heard good things about K O Dahl as well, Uriah -- probably on Euro Crime come to think of it ;-)

I am a bit behind on Nesbo, having Readbreast still to read....

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home