Thursday, November 16, 2006

GO WEST YOUNG MAN





I am not abandoning my eurocentric focus, but thought I should take a brief sabbatical to read Citizen Vince by Jess Walter.

This novel did win the Edgar beating out Thomas Cook's Red Leaves, and Michael Connelly's The Lincoln Lawyer and with reviews like these........


"Utterly inventive ... excruciatingly breathless ... you just have to read it." WASHINGTON POST
"It's been a long time since I've read a book as compulsively, indeed greedily, as I read Citizen Vince." RICHARD RUSSO
"Wonderfully written ... hard to forget." LOS ANGELES TIMES"
Citizen Vince is fast, tough, thoughtful and funny. I loved this novel." NICK HORNBY
I am ready for something exceptional.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I look forward to you finishing it and to reading your review.
I read his (?) first book and thought it really special. Could not wait for the second.
I read the second (another of those books I bought twice owing to rapidly advancing senility) and although it was OK, it was not as stand-out brilliant as the first.

So I have not read (or bought) this one. I will await your verdict with interest!

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home