Monday, September 28, 2009

A PRIZE ARRIVES



When I got back home today I had a pleasant surprise in that my prize from this quiz, a signed copy of Curse of the Pogo Stick by Colin Cotterill had been delivered. I have to admit that I only spotted the quiz after it became easier here but I might have guessed the original answer anyway.
How many world famous authors have spent time in a colonial club in Burma and written a book entitled Shooting an Elephant apart from George Orwell?

The interesting stamp and Heaven Lake Press label showed me that my prize had come all the way from Thailand, which I thought was rather exciting. Thanks Colin.

2 Comments:

Blogger Maxine Clarke said...

Congratulations, Norman! I have not read this installment of this excellent series yet.
Rather than Thailand or Burma, I have been braving the wilds of Cheam tonight, at a school information evening for my younger daughter. Oh, the wilds of the no 213 bus on the way home - the teenage denizens of mid-evening SW-ish London....sigh.....

2:24 PM  
Blogger Uriah Robinson said...

Nonesuch School?
I think you are very brave using the bus even though Kingston -Cheam is such a nice area.

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home