Tuesday, August 25, 2009

EUROCRIME REVIEW: THE EINSTEIN GIRL


My review of The Einstein Girl by Philip Sington has been posted at Euro Crime. This complex intelligent thriller, with various subplots and back stories, was a really good thought provoking read.
I am frequently asked why I read so many books like The Einstein Girl set in the inter war years in Weimar Germany. Well they are a reminder that however bad we think things are today, they were very much worse within the lifetime of my parents and grandparents. As we approach the 70th anniversary of the outbreak of the Second World War I think that is something worth remembering.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dorte H said...

"I am frequently asked why I read so many books like The Einstein Girl set in the inter war years in Weimar Germany."

I thought about this the other day when I noticed you had reviewed this one. I could have come up with a number of silly suggestions myself, but in fact I knew you read and review them because you enjoy them.

I like reading novels set in former periods once in a while myself if they are well-written and researched that is. I am not good at judging them if they date further back than around 1930, though. With older books I do not feel I know the period well enough to appreciate the authorĀ“s craft.

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home