Wednesday, May 27, 2009

"REG" SIGNS

Steven T. Murray aka "Reg Keeland", the translator who brought Lisbeth Salander to an English readership, signing a huge pile of books  at Crime Fest 2009 watched by a very young fan and her father. 
Steven translated not only Stieg Larsson's Millenium trilogy, but books by Karin Alvtegen, Henning Mankell, Leif Davidsen, and Camilla Lackberg.
You can read Steven's blog here.  He lives in Albuquerque, New Mexico with his wife Tiina Nunnally, who translated Smilla's Feeling for Snow by Peter Hoeg as well as books by Astrid Lindgren, Karin Fossum, Mari Jungstedt and Leif Davidsen.

4 Comments:

Blogger Uriah Robinson said...

Danish pastries.

1:43 PM  
Blogger Dorte H said...

Now I wonder whether this is a coded message intended for me (have just read a conspiracy novel and am ready to believe anything) or just an afterthought.

I hope you know that one can only get the real thing in Denmark, by the way.

2:15 PM  
Blogger Uriah Robinson said...

Dorte you had said you were thrown off blogger trying to make a comment. This was my trial comment to see if things worked and I connected you with "Danish pastries".

Yes I know I put on 8 lbs on a short break in Copenhagen. ;o)

3:12 PM  
Blogger Dorte H said...

I am sure my comment wasn´t nearly as fascinating as "Danish pastries" LOL

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home